Fundraising with Co-op
Our Gift Card Fundraising Program helps local community groups and non-profits raise funds to support their activities and operations. We are piloting this program in September, and hope your team will join us in testing this new venture out to support our community!
Whether you’re raising money to help your sports team, dance crew, charity or travel club, Sherwood Co-op is here to help!
We welcome applications from:
• Non-profit/registered charitable organizations exempt from taxation under the Canada Income Tax Act, whose programs and services benefit our community
• Not-for-profit community groups and youth organizations (Non-registered are also considered)
Please note that someone on your fundraising team must have a Co-op membership to participate in this program, and that your group’s purpose should align with our Co-op’s values of Integrity, Community and Excellence.
How it works
Your group receives 5% of the total amount of Co-op Gift Cards sold during your fundraiser.
1. Apply to participate at your local Co-op.
2. Pre-sell Co-op Gift Cards to your community supporters (we’ll provide the forms).
3. Send us a summary of your sales and we’ll invoice you for the discounted total.
4. Give us a cheque for your total order and complete a short survey.
5. Pick up and deliver your gift cards!
Gift cards are available in amounts of $25, $50, $100, and can be redeemed at any participating Co-op location in Western Canada.
• The minimum gift card order is $2,000 per fundraiser.
• Groups must provide payment in the form of a cheque from the organization. Personal cheques, cash, and credit cards are not accepted.
• Fundraising groups must be approved by Sherwood Co-op to participate in the program. Individuals, government agencies, profit-based organizations, third-party fundraising campaigns and groups that may have an adverse environmental impact are ineligible to participate.
• Equity is not earned on fundraising gift card orders.
• Groups can participate in our Gift Card Fundraising program once per fiscal year.
Click here to apply! https://dosomegood.ca/fcl/forms/giftcard?referrer=sherwood-co-op-350325
Sherwood Co-op uses Do Some Good to power their application forms.
Sherwood Co-op, like other community-minded businesses, receives numerous requests for donations. Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks to review your requests and respond. Sherwood Co-op works hard to assist in as many community organizations as possible, however due to the high volume of requests received, not all worthwhile proposals will be approved. Such a response does not reflect upon the value of your organization and the valuable service you provide.